- Items in stock will be shipped within two business days after receipt of payment via PayPal, or after your check or money order has been cleared by the bank.
- All items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail or First Class mail, as you choose, and will include tracking information.
- We will notify you by email when your order has shipped. The USPS tracking number will be included in the email.
- We will ship items to any destination defined by the USPS as “domestic” for mailing purposes. This includes the fifty states, plus certain US territories and possessions, and all APO/FPO/DPO addresses. The latter, depending on destination, may have restrictions. You can refer to the Help >FAQs at www.usps.com for more information on military mail.
- Please contact us if a package does not arrive as expected. We will be happy to assist you to track the package and if possible determine what happened. We make every effort to ensure accurate addressing and adequate packaging. However, once a package has been deposited with the USPS, it is out of our hands and we cannot be held responsible for its delay or loss in the mail.
- At this time we do not ship to Canada, because of the high postage costs. However, you are welcome to contact us if you would like a quote of the USPS shipping rates for a particular item.
First, Thank You for shopping at Wire, Wood, and Leather! We will do our best to resolve any issues that may arise from your purchase and hope you will continue as a customer.
All items for sale at Wire, Wood, and Leather are hand-made, one-of-a-kind pieces. While the pictures and descriptions are as accurate as we can make them, we understand that is not the same as buying in person. So it is possible that when you receive your purchase, it may not look or fit quite as you expected.
(Please refer to our Sizing Guide before ordering, to increase the likelihood that the piece will fit you.)
You are welcome to return any item for exchange or refund as long as the following conditions are met.
- The item must be returned within ten days of receipt as shown by the date on the USPS tracking site. (See Exceptions below for holiday extension.)
- The item must be returned in its original condition and packaging (e.g., jewelry box, pouch, etc.). Include a copy of the original packing slip for faster processing.
- Please pack the item carefully and securely for shipping. Items damaged in transit to us due to inadequate packaging may not qualify for a refund. (See Exceptions below.)
- Return the item via USPS using First Class or Priority mail. This will allow tracking the package to confirm delivery back to us.
- You are responsible for paying the return postage.
- Please notify us of your intent to return the item, using the Contact form on the Site. Explain the reason for the return, and if you are requesting an exchange or refund. You may also include this information on the back of the packing slip copy. Including the USPS tracking number will allow us to track the package also.
When we receive the item, if it has been returned within the time limit in its original, saleable condition, we will process your request as follows.
- Exchange – if the item you want in exchange is still in stock, we will reserve it for you and email you to arrange payment if needed.
- You are responsible for shipping charges on the new item.
- If the price of the new item plus shipping is equal to or less than the price of the original item, we will ship the new item immediately and refund any difference to you.
- If the price of the new item plus shipping is more than the price of the original item, we will notify you of the amount due. We will ship the new item as soon as payment is received.
- If the requested exchange item is no longer in stock, we will notify you so you may select a different item, or request a refund.
- Refunds will be issued only for the amount of the price paid for the returned item, except as listed in Exceptions below.
- Refunds will be issued using the original method of payment whenever possible.
NOTE: We do not refund or credit original shipping charges except as listed in Exceptions – Errors below. “Item price” includes any sales tax paid.
- Holiday extension: Items purchased between Dec 1 and Dec 24 and intended as holiday gifts, may be returned as late as January 8, as long as the other return conditions are met.
- Errors happen. If we shipped the wrong item, we sincerely apologize for the mistake. If you return the item, as soon as we receive it (as per Conditions above), we will send you the correct item if it is still in stock, or credit you the price of the original on another piece of your choice. We will also pay the shipping on the new item. If you request a refund instead, we will refund the original shipping charges as well. If you decide to keep the item we sent in error, and it is a lower price than what you ordered, we will refund the price difference.
- Jewelry is intended to be worn on the body, and can be affected by sweat and body chemistry, etc. This is particularly true for leather, wood, and pearls. For this reason, items that have obviously been worn or altered are not eligible for refund or exchange and will be returned to you as is. Please do try on the piece as soon as it arrives and make a decision to keep or return it. Likewise, if it is a holiday gift, please request the recipient to try it on immediately and decide if they like it or not.
- If a returned item has been damaged in transit, we will attempt to determine if it is the result of inadequate packaging on your part, or simply elephants in the mail room. We will notify you of our decision to return the piece to you or to accept it and issue a refund. Note that if the piece shows damage but the outer container does not, the likely verdict will be faulty packaging, so please pack carefully! We will take photos of the damaged shipping container and provide them to you on request to support our decision.
- We inspect every piece before we ship it, and pack it to ensure its safe arrival. If you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, please take pictures of the shipping container and the inner packaging, as well as the damage to the item. Notify us immediately of the problem and we will give you an email address to send the pictures to. Without such photo documentation we reserve the right to deny or reduce any refund based on shipping damage claims. You must return the damaged item to us (as per Conditions above) to receive any refund or exchange credit. We will not refund or credit the original shipping or your return shipping charges.
At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to refuse to accept returns that do not meet the conditions above, and/or to reduce the amount to be refunded as low as $0. We will notify you by email of the reason for such refusal or any limitation on the refund amount.
If you have any questions regarding our shipping or returns policies, or if you have an unusual shipping or return situation, Please contact us using the form on the Site. We will reply as quickly as possible.